Past HSC Questions:
Distinctive images offer a variety of perspectives on the world.
Compare how this is achieved in your prescribed text and ONE other related text of your own
How does the use of the distinctively visual emphasise the ways that individuals respond to significant aspects of life? In your response, make detailed reference to your prescribed text and ONE other related text of your own choosing.
In what ways are people and their experiences brought to life through the distinctively visual? In your response, make detailed reference to your prescribed text and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing.
Compare the ways the distinctively visual is created in [core text] and ONE other related text of your own choosing.
Discuss how the distinctively visual conveys distinctive experiences in [core text] and ONE other related text of your own choosing.
Questions used by school etc:
- Distinctive images are created for different purposes. How is this shown in your prescribed text and at least ONE other text of your own choosing? (2010 CSSA Trial)
- Discuss how successful composers have been in using distinctively visual elements to create a particular point of view. How are images used to explore the ways in which we view the world? (2009 Cheltenham Girls HS Trial)
- Powerful images challenge our understanding of ourselves and our world. Explain how your core text and ONE related text have challenged your thinking.
- Composers select techniques to create distinctively visual images to position the reader to elicit the preferred reading of a text.
- The composer of your prescribed text and the composer of your own choosing are featured in a radio programme Composers’ Conversations. Write the conversation in which they discuss the ways they use distinctively visual elements to convey ideas in their texts.
- What effect has the use of distinctively visual features had on your appreciation of [prescribed text] and at least one other related text of your own choosing? (CTHS 2010 Trial)