So, as I’m writing this post – it’s 11:16pm Thursday 14 October 2010.
The night before the first English exam: Area of Study: Belonging! I’d expect most students are probably asleep, so they don’t fall asleep tomorrow in the exam.
Well, good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Just remember that:
- These external HSC exams are only 50%
- You are competing against everyone in NSW
- The better your school does as a whole, the more your marks get scaled – so support each other
- Don’t toss/burn your notes! Heaven forbid you fail Year 12. But more likely, you can pass them onto a friend/sibling in a lower year. Or if you can probably sell them on BoredofStudies.
- Be excited about uni, TAFE, gap year, work, or whatever you have lined up next year.
- Some people describe uni semesters like doing the HSC again, but every 6 months. Ouch.
On a side note, I’ll be tutoring Extension English 1: Module B: Romanticism in 2011 – which is new and shiny? Is it fun?