I found it initially difficult to find related texts for English Extension 1: Romanticism. As such, I’ve compiled this list of links and resources, which may assist everyone else who’s wandering lost in this elective.
- William Blake’s Songs Innocence and Experience: SparkNotes
- Percy Shelley – eg. The Question
- William Wordsworth: SparkNotes
- Sir Walter Scott
- Lord Byron – eg. Childe Harold
- William Blake (paintings): http://www.huntfor.com/absoluteig/blake.htm
- Francisco de Goya (paintings): http://www.huntfor.com/absoluteig/goya.htm
- Delacroix’s painting Liberty Leading the People: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Leading_the_People
- John Constable: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Constable
- Caspar Freidrich: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caspar_David_Friedrich
- Romanticism in Art: http://www.huntfor.com/arthistory/c17th-mid19th/romanticism.htm
- Romanticism – The Art History Archive: http://www.arthistoryarchive.com/arthistory/romanticism/arthistory_romanticism.html
- Jakob and Wilhelm Grimm – Grimm’s Fairy Tales
- Nathaniel Hawthorne: Wikipedia – The Scarlet Letter
- Edgar Allen Poe – Short Stories – SparkNotes
- Victor Hugo – Les Miserables
- Henry Melville – Moby Dick
- Johann Goethe – The Sorrows of Young Werther
- Alexander Pushkin – Boris Godunov
Nature, Beauty, Power: The Romantics:http://faculty.pittstate.edu/~knichols/narciss.html
This site provides a good collection of links and analysis on various Romantics including Wordsworth, Keats (core), Percy Shelley, Coleridge (core).
Any other resources to recommend for related texts?