Past HSC Questions
Significant texts in any period arise from particular ways of thinking and possess an enduring relevance. Write an essay in which you explore the extent to which this is true of the texts you have studied in your elective.
Write an essay in which you explore the interplay of imagination and the human experience in Romanticism.
- ‘While the texts in this elective cover a wide diversity of forms, they all engage with the power of the imagination and associated social and moral issues.’ Evaluate this statement. (2009 Independent Trial)
- Romanticism explores the tension between sensation and acceptability. Write an essay in which you evaluate the extent to which this is true. (TN)
- A forum of literature experts has gathered to hear two of their number explore how Romantic composers have imaginatively represented the value of strong feeling and individualism. Write the exchange that takes place. (TN)
- Texts related to the Romantic period are typified by the search for meaning through representations of the individual’s relationship with the natural world, and the wider social and political contexts. (CTHS 2010 assessment)
- Text of the Romantic period are characterised by the interplay of imagination and the human experience. To what extent is this true for the text you have studied? (CTHS 2012 assessment)